We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The process of fermentation of vegetables and fruits helps to increase their shelf life, to preserve their nutritional value.
When fermented, vegetables and fruits become extraordinary taste and aroma. This method of preparing vegetables for the winter is one of the oldest.
Pickled eggplants are good both in combination with other vegetables or meat, and as an independent dish. When serving, you can cut them into circles, or you can eat them whole. If unexpected guests arrive, you can always get a prepared jar of pickled eggplants and surprise you with a simple, but no less unusual dish.
What is this process?
Fermentation is one of the ways of harvesting crops, berries and fruits for the winter, as a result of which, in the process of physicochemical moments, lactic acid appears, which is a natural preservative. Vegetables are fermented in brine (whole or in pieces), or in personal juice (they are crushed, chopped, chopped), table salt is added, under the influence of lactic acid bacteria, a fermentation (fermentation) procedure takes place. Salt is not considered an essential ingredient, it affects the taste and inhibits the development of pathogenicity.
REFERENCE! Salt for brine is taken in a volume of 5% of the amount of water, and for fermentation in personal juice in a proportion of 1.5-2% of the weight of vegetables.
The fermentation period depends on some factors:
- the amount of salt.
Which canning to choose?
What are the best eggplants to cook for the winter: pickled or salted? Salting and pickling are well-known methods of storing fruits and vegetables. Salt and lactic acid are considered the main preservatives. They inhibit the formation of harmful microbes and protect fruits and vegetables from rotting.
Lactic acid is very important for the human body. It has a fresh taste and is not as harsh or pungent. Fermented vegetables contain more lactic acid, while pickles are dominated by salt.
This vegetable cannot be classified as a vegetable with a long shelf life. But if specific conditions are observed, they can be preserved for a long period. List of ways:
- In a dark place (basement, cellar, pantry).
- Falling asleep with wood ash.
- Freeze in the refrigerator.
Which vegetables are preferred?
For this procedure, you need to take medium-sized vegetables (up to 10-12 centimeters long), young, with a thin skin without damage and brown spots. They should also be smooth, dense and resilient.
What are the benefits and harms of the dish?
When eating eggplant, the body benefits greatly. Their beneficial properties lie in its chemical composition, it includes:
- minerals such as: iron, sodium, sulfur, magnesium, calcium, chromium, potassium, zinc, iodine, aluminum, manganese, molybdenum;
- natural sugars;
- a variety of vitamins;
- organic matter;
Eggplant is contraindicated for:
- Disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, diseases of the duodenum, acute gastritis and ulcers.
- Diseases of the pancreas.
- Insulin treatment.
- With exacerbation of gout.
- Kidney disease.
ATTENTION! You should not eat these vegetables overripe, as they contain quite a lot of solanine, which is poisonous to the human body. Therefore, you should only eat young, ripe eggplants or white ones - no solanine is observed in them.
What kind of dishes are suitable?
Appetizing pickled eggplants are obtained when they are cooked in an enamel saucepan, or in earthenware and wooden dishes. But you can also ferment in glass jars, but it is necessary to store such containers away from sunlight. Be sure to wash the container and pour over with boiling water.
No other additives
- Blue ones - a couple of pieces.
- For the marinade: for one liter of liquid - 30 grams of salt, two bay leaves and four peas of allspice.
- Boil vegetables for 5 to 7 minutes in brine (one glass of salt per liter of liquid), pre-piercing them with a fork.
- At the end of the cooking period, remove and let the water drain off.
- Add grated garlic and black pepper to the longitudinal section.
- Place the eggplants more tightly in a container and pour over the marinade.
- Next, cover the container and put it in the refrigerator, or in a cold place for two weeks.
Stuffed with herbs and stuff
Consider one of the best quick recipes: cooking sauerkraut eggplant stuffed with carrots and herbs with garlic in a saucepan for the winter.
- 8 kilograms of eggplant;
- 2 kilograms of carrots;
- 400 grams of garlic;
- a bunch of parsley;
- 100 milliliters of sunflower oil for frying.
- Remove the stalk together with the pulp and cut all the eggplants a little.
- Then put them in boiling water and boil for about five minutes in salted water.
- Boiled vegetables are placed one on top of the other and covered with oppression to get rid of excess water.
- Grate the carrots and fry them in oil.
- Pass the garlic through a garlic press, chop the parsley not very finely.
- Prepared garlic and parsley are added to the carrots, salt is added.
- When the eggplant has cooled, stuff with one to two tablespoons of the carrot mixture.
- Stuffed vegetables are placed in a container and poured with brine (1.5 tablespoons of salt per liter of liquid).
- The container is placed in heat. Depending on the temperature background, eggplants ferment from 3 to 5 days.
Ingredients for the recipe for pickled eggplant with celery:
- One kilogram of eggplant.
- Two pieces of garlic.
- 2 bunches of celery.
- Two or three bay leaves.
- 50 ml of sunflower oil.
- Remove the stalk and cut lengthwise.
- Boil the eggplants in salted water (about two tablespoons of salt per liter of liquid) for about 15 to 20 minutes until tender.
- Cool boiled vegetables and let them get rid of excess liquid.
- Chop the garlic and celery into large pieces.
- Put the prepared ingredients in the eggplant cuts.
- Put the eggplants in a container with bay leaves and pour cold brine (for 1 liter of water 2.5-3 tablespoons of salt).
- Cover and keep warm for three days.
- Then add sunflower oil and refrigerate.
Now the recipe for sauerkraut stuffed with cabbage and carrots.
- 1,650 kg eggplant;
- 500 grams of white cabbage;
- two bell peppers;
- two or three cloves of garlic;
- 0.5 liters of water;
- 2, 5 Art. salt, ground pepper.
- Wash the eggplants, remove the stalks and puncture with a fork.
- Boil water and immerse them in liquid, 5 minutes.
- Cool afterwards.
- Coarsely grate the carrots, finely chop the cabbage.
- Cut the peeled peppers into small strips.
- Chop the garlic.
- Mix all components, salt and pepper, let the mixture brew for about 20 minutes.
- Stuff the cut eggplants with vegetables.
- With the help of water and salt, we prepare the brine, which then need to be cooled.
- Put the stuffed eggplants in a container, add the brine and press down with a load.
- Leave warm for three days. Then add sunflower oil and refrigerate.
- 2-3 eggplants;
- 1 egg;
- 5 tablespoons of bread crumbs;
- vegetable oil;
- Cut the eggplants into 1 cm thick slices, sprinkle with salt and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Then rinse in cold water.
- Beat the egg a little.
- Dip each round of eggplant in the egg mixture, then bread in breadcrumbs.
- Fry in a pan in oil on each side until golden brown.
- Eggplant - 350 grams.
- Onions - 60 grams.
- Garlic - 10 grams.
- Salt to taste.
- Vegetable oil - for frying.
- Granulated sugar - half a teaspoon.
- Black pepper.
- Vinegar 6% - 1.5 tsp
- Wash the eggplants, remove the stalks.
- Cut into strips.
- Pour salt in a bowl, let stand for 30 minutes.
- Peel and cut the onion into rings.
- Add sugar and salt, vinegar to it.
- Let the onion marinate.
- Rid the eggplant from excess moisture.
- Fry vegetables in oil for 10 minutes.
What else can you add?
This vegetable goes well with other vegetables, for example:
Take a look below at the photo of recipes for pickled eggplant with garlic and herbs for the winter.
How to store?
Pickled eggplants will keep well in the refrigerator. They must be put in glass jars, put a load, add a little oil to avoid further fermentation.
Possible problems and difficulties
- The eggplants should be punctured with a fork to prevent cracking of the vegetable.
- Be sure to hold boiled eggplants under the load to remove excess water.
- It is not necessary to put in a container so that the brine fills all the cracks and there is space for air, because of which they will deteriorate.
- Avoid overcooking the eggplant.
What can you cook up?
Pickled eggplants go well with meat and vegetable dishes. Before serving, they need to be slightly drizzled with sunflower oil or soy sauce. On holidays, pickled eggplants will be a very good snack in any home.
Pickled eggplants as an appetizer are a “lifesaver” for any housewife, both for a holiday and for dinner in the family circle. In such eggplants, there is practically no oil, so the liver does not experience stress, as after.
The advantage of this product is a pleasant sour taste, which is obtained not due to the addition of vinegar, but due to the fermentation process.