We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
In the modern world, such a delicacy as pickled carrots is becoming more and more popular. Pickled carrots can be stored all winter and their properties are not lost over time. In winter, pickled carrots are of great benefit to the body. Carrots are a storehouse of useful elements that are completely preserved in a fermented product.
Such a dish is a great addition to the appetizers on the table and can win over even the biggest gourmet.
What it is?
Pickling is a way of preparing vegetables, fruits, berries, in the process of which lactic acid is formed, it is the main preservative. The fermentation process itself is very simple, so it has been used for many centuries.
The washed, ready-to-cook vegetables are poured with a solution of salt water, oppression is placed on top and all this is removed to a warm place. Lactic acid fermentation begins. After that, pickled vegetables are left to preserve in a cold place. During this time, they soften and useful enzymes are formed.
Almost any vegetables are suitable for fermentation., they perfectly retain their taste and useful properties throughout the winter.
Reference! The calorie content of pickled carrots is 26 kcal per 100 grams of product. In terms of its useful properties, it is not inferior to fresh product.
Pickled carrots contain a lot of carotene, vitamins of group PP, H, E, K, B1, B9, B5. There are also trace elements such as chlorine, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, cobalt, iron, magnesium, chromium, zinc, but this is only a small part. This vitamin and mineral cocktail helps to fight various diseases of the organs of the cardiovascular system, the respiratory system, relieves skin and eye diseases.
Step-by-step instructions on how to ferment at home
At this stage of time, a large number of different recipes for the preparation of sauerkraut are distinguished, each of which has its own advantages and disadvantages.
According to Bolotov
For the preparation of pickled carrots according to Bolotov, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 kg of any kind of carrot;
- 1 kg of sour apples;
- several large dill umbrellas;
- 3 horseradish leaves;
- 5-7 cherry leaves;
- 3-4 peas of black pepper;
- 5 liters of water;
- 200 g of coarse salt.
Next, you need to follow this cooking plan.:
- You need to take a freshly dug juicy carrot, which should be washed and peeled.
- Apples are processed in the same way, after which the core is cut out of them, and they are cut into 4 parts.
- It is required to prepare a salt brine by combining water and salt in the indicated quantities.
- The bottom of the container should be laid out with cherry leaves, horseradish and black peppercorns.
- Put cooked apples and carrots on top. Having filled all this with brine, you need to cover the containers and leave them under oppression in a cool room.
To prepare pickled carrots with garlic, you will need such components:
- 2.5 kg of grated carrots;
- 2 garlic heads;
- 50 g fresh ginger;
- 2 small hot peppers (for pungency);
- 200 g of cabbage;
- 50 g of coarse salt.
- Divide the prepared carrots into several portions.
- Chop the cabbage, peel the ginger and garlic, rinse and dry the sweet and hot peppers.
- Grind the garlic, ginger, cabbage, sweet and hot peppers.
- Distribute the salt evenly over the portions with the carrots.
- Grind the carrots with salt with your hands (gloves are required, this will prevent burning your hands), wait until the carrots begin to secrete juice.
- Add a mixture of ginger, garlic, peppers, and cabbage to each cup of salted carrots. Mix everything.
- Combine all carrots in one glass or ceramic container.
- Place the carrots under pressure so that they are completely covered with brine.
To prepare pickled carrots with beets, you need the following ingredients:
- 2 kilograms of small carrots;
- 3 kilograms of small beets;
- 7 liters of water;
- 300 grams of salt.
Having picked up the indicated ingredients you can start cooking:
- Beets and carrots are thoroughly cleaned with a small soft brush.
- After peeling the vegetables, they need to be put in a large bottle with a wide neck.
- In parallel with this, you need to prepare a brine, for this, salt is poured into the water and the mixture is boiled until the latter is completely dissolved.
- Vegetables are poured with brine.
- Carrots and beets are left in this form for a period of 15-18 days.
- During this time, you need to go to the container several times and remove the foam that forms there.
- After the end of fermentation, the bottle with carrots and beets must be moved to a cool place.
Korean style eggplant
There are many recipes for pickled carrots using other ingredients. The first example is Korean style pickled carrots with eggplant for the winter.
To prepare such a recipe, you will need the following components:
- 1 large carrot;
- 8 eggplants;
- 2 pods of red bell pepper;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- a bunch of parsley;
- 5 g Korean carrot seasoning.
For brine, you need to separately highlight such ingredients.:
- 50 milliliters of vegetable oil;
- 125 g sugar;
- 50 milliliters of table vinegar;
- 125 g sugar;
- 1 glass of water;
- 5 g of salt.
- Wash the eggplants, remove the tails. Boil in salted water until soft. Take out and put under oppression. When the water drains, cut into bars.
- Peel the carrots, wash and cut into coarse shavings. Place in a bowl.
- Wash the pepper, remove the stalk with seeds, cut into thin strips. Add to bowl with carrots.
- My parsley, finely chop together with garlic. Add to the rest of the vegetables.
- Put the eggplant cubes in one layer in a container. We put other vegetables on them in layers.
- Pour 1 glass of water into a saucepan, add oil, salt, sugar and vinegar. Let it boil. Fill the vegetables with brine, cover with a plate on top and set the oppression. So, we insist for a day, we put the ventures in a cold place.
Besides, pickled carrots can be cooked with beans, this will require the following ingredients:
- 1.2 kg of carrots;
- 1 kg of green beans;
- 9-10 cloves of garlic;
- greens to taste;
- 1.7 liters of water;
- 40 g salt;
- two tablespoons of sugar;
- 1 bay leaf;
- a few peppercorns.
- Rinse the beans, make 5-6 cm cuts.
- Peel the carrots and cut into bean-sized cubes.
- Cook the cooked vegetables for about 5 minutes in salted boiling water. Then we take out the vegetables, rinse them, let the water drain.
- Wash the garlic and greens and chop finely.
- We stuff the beans and carrots tightly into jars, sprinkling them with garlic and herbs.
- Boil the brine and pour over the vegetables in jars. Cover with lids.
- For fermentation, refrigerate the jars for 6 days. After this time, close tightly and store in a cool place.
How to save the finished product?
This type of product does not require special storage.... The coolness of the cellar or pantry is enough for him, without the penetration of direct sunlight. Some even manage to freeze it.
It retains its useful and taste qualities in this form throughout the year. If you follow these simple rules, you will always have a tasty and healthy snack at hand.
In the absence of a cellar or basement, pickled carrots can be stored in an ordinary refrigerator, most importantly, not in the freezer.
In what dishes can you use it?
To prove how versatile pickled carrots can be, and how well they combine with other dishes, you can give a couple of examples:
- cabbage rolls;
- carrot pancakes;
- Korean style pickled carrots;
- salads with sauerkraut and liver or with chicken;
- pickled assorted vegetables;
- salad "Mother-in-law's tongue";
- salad "Original";
- salad "Yummy";
- salad "Delight";
- salad "Bright" carrot or "Simple".
Important! Pickled vegetables and carrots, including, should not be eaten by people with the following diseases: stomach ulcers, diverticulitis, gastritis and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
With the help of fermentation, you can diversify your diet, surprise guests with new snacks, maintain a healthy body tone. Carrots are the queen of vegetables, because not many of them can boast of the same rich content of vitamins and minerals as this bright beauty.
It is good in any form: fried, steamed, stewed, baked, boiled, raw. It is often added to various salads and snacks due not only to its taste, but also to its juicy, bright appearance. But if someone has not yet tried it in a fermented form, then maybe now is the time?