We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Peking cabbage is a very healthy product. Its homeland is China. Today this type of cabbage is becoming more and more popular. It is not surprising, because Peking contains a large number of useful elements that are vital for the human body.
Very often you can hear the following question: "Is it possible to use this cabbage for feeding children of different ages?" This is what we will talk about later in the article.
Can a nursing mom eat this Chinese vegetable?
In the country of origin, this cabbage began to be grown and used for food a very long time ago.
The main feature of Peking is that pests practically do not infect cabbage at any stage of its cultivation.
Based on this, the likelihood that other third-party substances will get into the product is reduced to zero, so they cannot enter breast milk and will not harm the child with hepatitis B.
As for the number of calories of this product, then half a kilogram of cabbage contains only 100 kcal... This product is great for women who have gained weight after giving birth. There is a group with zero or so-called negative calorie content, and it is this group that includes Chinese cabbage.
In order to process this product, the body spends additional energy. After this product enters the body, a certain complex chain is launched, which is designed to accelerate metabolic processes. Those nursing mothers who are watching their figure should take this factor into account.
We remind you that the composition of this vegetable is actually unique and contains a large number of useful elements. Among which it is worth noting:
- vitamin C in large quantities;
- lemon acid;
- folic acid and PP;
- vitamins from group E, K, B;
- many macronutrients, which include potassium, iodine, selenium, zinc and phosphorus;
- trace elements;
- a large amount of fiber, which is designed to remove toxins from the body;
- an element called lysine;
- an element called lactucin has a normalizing effect for a positive metabolism.
When these elements interact as a so-called single mechanism, the product provides great benefits for the child's body during breastfeeding and for the mother.
Consider further all the positive effects:
- Elimination of constant fatigue and the so-called state of anemia. This is very important for both mothers and children at a young age.
- Peking perfectly relieves pain in the head.
- Cabbage neutralizes nervous disorders and depressive conditions.
- Improves liver function or restores its functions.
- Improves immunity.
- Improves metabolic processes in the human body. Accelerates the excretion of fluid from the body, which means it contributes to the good functioning of the kidneys.
- Provides a decrease in blood pressure if it rises.
- Colon cleansing due to the large amount of sulfur in the cabbage.
- Improving the work of the cardiovascular system.
Despite the fact that cabbage is on sale all year round, the peak of its usefulness falls precisely in the autumn period, as well as in the spring. This is justified by the fact that it is during these periods that there are few fresh energy sources for the body, and Chinese cabbage and salad from it become a great alternative for a nursing mother.
Is the child allowed?
Without any doubt, Peking cabbage is allowed for a child. It is necessary to maintain the vitamin balance during the period of the year when there are simply no other vitamins.
At what age to give?
Cabbage contains a lot of trace elements that can positively affect the processes in the human body. But this type of cabbage can be given to children over the age of one year. If we are talking about the fresh form of this product, then it is better to wait one and a half to two years.
Many medical professionals claim that cabbage of this type is an excellent prophylactic agent for vitamin deficiency. Cabbage is available in many countries for consumption absolutely at any time of the year.
All the elements that cabbage is saturated with help not only to cope with most diseases, but to prevent them and strengthen the immune system of a person, including a child. For children, Chinese cabbage is useful for a fairly wide range of different diseases:
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- many other pathologies.
It is very important that this product does not carry any allergic properties.
Benefit and harm
For a child
For a child over one year old, the use of Peking cabbage in food will not only diversify the diet, but will also bring many positive results. Cabbage not only contains all the necessary vitamins, but is also very tasty.
In the event that cabbage is used in food in reasonable quantities, this carries a lot of positive aspects for him, such as:
- the required amount of vitamins and other trace elements;
- excellent mood and full, healthy sleep;
- excellent immunity that counteracts all seasonal illnesses and flu;
- the required amount of balanced food.
Cabbage does not carry allergic reactions. But, it is still necessary to include it in the diet gradually and as carefully as possible.
As we wrote earlier, for mothers this type of cabbage has a positive effect in the form of a dietary product. Those women who, after giving birth, gained extra pounds and want to lose them, can safely use Peking, this product will perfectly contribute to this process.
Read more about the benefits and dangers of Peking cabbage for the body here.
Contraindications for hepatitis B
Peking cabbage may have some contraindications during lactation and HS.
So, you should not use it if a young mother has gastritis or an increased level of acidity in the stomach, inflammation of the pancreas or a tendency to bleeding (how to use Chinese cabbage for gastritis?).
It should also be remembered that Peking should not be consumed with cottage cheese or milk. Together, these foods can cause very severe stomach upset.
How to choose?
In order for Chinese cabbage to give real benefits, you need to be able to choose it correctly.
The tips for choosing Chinese cabbage are as follows:
- The head of cabbage is loose, but fresh.
- Consists of light green leaves.
- Leaves should not be lethargic and withered.
Step-by-step instructions on how to prepare complementary foods for babies
A wonderful complementary food will be Peking cabbage puree, first in its pure form, and then with the addition of potatoes (no more than 30%), carrots, pumpkin, zucchini.
To make mashed potatoes you will need:
- wash the cabbage and place it in boiling water;
- boil cabbage until tender, mashed in a blender;
- strain the milk and add to the puree, mix;
- in the absence of milk, milk mixture can be added.
The familiar Peking cabbage, which has a lot of useful properties, deserves to get to know it better. Read our articles about what varieties are and why it is important to choose the right one, whether it can be given to pets and used for pancreatitis, as well as how to properly prepare, store and how long it stays fresh in the refrigerator.
Peking cabbage contains a lot of positive substances and elements that are excellent for the growth and proper development of the child. Due to cabbage, vitamin deficiency is prevented, which means the child will not suffer from a lack of vitamins.