We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Everyone knows that vitamins are essential for the human body. In order to replenish their supply, it is not necessary to resort to the use of synthetic drugs. Cauliflower, a delicious vegetable that grows in summer in all climatic zones, boasts a high content of vitamins of different groups.
"The best of flowers are cabbage flowers," say the English. This expression came from the Middle Ages, when cauliflower was very expensive, and only nobles could afford to have this vegetable on their tables. And today this saying has not lost its relevance, because cauliflower is a real storehouse of vitamins and other useful substances. We will tell you how to prepare this vegetable on a dietary basis.
Diet in brief
This type of diet is as effective as it is extreme. Cauliflower has a record low calorie count and is well stored so it can be fresh even in the middle of winter.
Some time ago there were rumors that this vegetable has a negative calorie content, but scientific studies have denied this information. Therefore, we can safely consider it as an excellent basis for diets and balanced nutrition, since it contains a huge amount of dietary fiber, which helps to get satiated several times faster.
Features of the
The peculiarity of the cauliflower diet is that it cannot be used often., because despite the variety of nutrients it contains, a colored vegetable contains practically no protein, and our muscles need it all the time!
Therefore, a prolonged diet on cauliflower can negatively affect the condition of the whole body as a whole. It can serve as an excellent preparatory stage before starting a low-calorie diet, as well as in the form of fasting days after the holidays, but it cannot be an independent solution to the problem of excess weight.
The entire volume of the product should be divided into 4 or 6 equal servings and eaten throughout the day. It is necessary to consume a sufficient amount of liquid, preferably pure water or green tea.
Benefit and harm
The benefits of a cauliflower diet:
- The high fiber content helps cauliflower to stimulate digestion, speeds up metabolism and normalizes intestinal microflora.
- The beta-carotene in cauliflower improves vision.
- Vitamins - antioxidants protect cells from damage, which has a beneficial effect on the condition of hair and nails, and also prolongs the youthfulness of the skin.
- The minimum content of organic acids helps to prevent diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- The content of calcium and phosphorus has a beneficial effect on the condition of bones and teeth.
- A marked reduction in cholesterol.
The harm of a cauliflower diet:
- Not recommended for people with peptic ulcer disease, intestinal cramps and high acidity of the stomach. The consumption of cauliflower in these cases can lead to the development of pain and irritation of the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines.
- People with allergies should be wary of this vegetable.
- Doctors note the negative effect of cauliflower on the thyroid gland.
- Abuse of this vegetable can cause the development of goiter - an increase in the size of the thyroid gland.
Before using this diet, you should visit a doctor to avoid the risks of negative effects on the body.
Menu for the week
There are different types of menus for the week. Below is a menu of one day, which can be multiplied for the whole week, replacing boring dishes, since they are all equal.
One day menu:
- Breakfast: green tea without sugar or water, cabbage salad.
- Lunch: cabbage soup, boiled chicken breast (no more than 200 grams).
- Dinner: boiled cabbage and one fruit (except for a banana).
Any cabbage dish can be alternated without any harm to weight loss.... A nice bonus is that there is no limit to the amount of soup eaten. Now nutritionists do not limit the consumption of vegetables, they can be fried with a little oil, boiled, stewed, steamed or grilled, but, nevertheless, there are a number of unchanged recipes that will surely help you lose extra pounds. It is also not recommended to consume salt, since the diet is aimed at removing fluid from the body.
How to cook - step by step instructions and photos of dishes
Dishes from this vegetable are made quickly and easily, while it turns out delicious, so they can be cooked not only during a diet, but also for every day.
- cauliflower - 800g;
- tomatoes - 300g;
- lettuce leaves;
- olive oil to taste.
- Cook fresh cauliflower until tender (check it with a knife, it should enter it freely), let it cool and then disassemble it into inflorescences (you can learn more about the boiling procedure here).
- Chop tomatoes and greens into small pieces.
- Mix everything, seasoning with olive oil or lemon juice.
- A very small amount of salt can be added.
Raw food salad
In this case, the main product is eaten raw. 800 g of fresh cabbage and 300 g of salads are eaten throughout the day. They can be eaten individually or together by crumbling into a bowl and seasoning with a little olive oil.
You can learn more about a variety of recipes for cauliflower salads here.
- Carrots - 1pc.
- Potatoes - 2 pcs.
- Onions - 1 / 2pcs.
- Chicken breast - 400g.
- Cauliflower - 600g.
- In a separate bowl, boil the cauliflower together with the chicken breast fillet, let it cool and break into inflorescences.
- While the vegetable is cooking, you need to peel and chop carrots, onions and potatoes.
- Fry with a little vegetable oil, add water and boil.
- Pour the resulting broth into a separate saucepan and set aside.
- Combine cooked vegetables with chicken breast and cabbage, chop in a blender, then mix with broth.
- Mix everything well, if necessary add salt and pepper to taste.
You can find recipes for other cauliflower soups here.
You can sit on boiled cabbage for all three days if you dilute your diet with fruits. Only a little of this vegetable will be needed for three days.... Cabbage can be boiled once, divided into 4 or 5 approximately equal servings, and eaten within one day.
The main dietary trick is to use various spices instead of salt when cooking. And the willingness to check with a knife or fork. They should easily fit into the vegetable.
How to serve?
Ready-made cauliflower dishes can be served in any form, decorated with a sprig of dill or parsley.
It must be remembered that, despite all the beneficial properties and amazing results, diet is not an independent way to lose weight.
It is important to remember the importance of physical activity and adherence to a low-calorie diet.