We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Every year, an increasing number of different varieties of cabbage appear in the world, each of which has its own advantages.
Most recently, Syngenta introduced the Mirror hybrid cabbage variety, but it almost immediately gained popularity among amateur and professional gardeners.
Bright fresh, light green color of the head of cabbage. A new generation hybrid for consumers: high sugar content, excellent taste.
Designed for growing under film, covering material and in the open field. Resistant to shooting, tolerates temperature extremes, and is resistant to cracking. Read more about this in the article.
The head of cabbage variety Mirror F1 is characterized by the presence of a light green color. There is a high leg, which prevents the lower leaves from rotting when the vegetable is over-watered. There is a compact leaf outlet.
Total the growing season of the plant lasts for 45-48 days... This type of white cabbage is considered a hybrid, weighing up to 1.5 kg (one head). The shape, like that of other representatives, is rounded. The structure is dense, small stump.
History of origin
Dutch breeders from the Syngenta company were engaged in the breeding of the presented cabbage variety. The variety appeared on the territory of Russia in 2009.
Difference from other species
It differs from other varieties of cabbage by increased resistance to diseases such as fusarium. In addition, the plant has wound healing properties.
Cabbage variety "Mirror" has a low calorie content, due to which it is widely used in various diets.
Advantages and disadvantages of the variety
The presented Dutch cabbage variety is characterized by a number of advantages:
- High yield level. About 11 kilograms of cabbage can be harvested from one square meter of plantings.
- The weight of one head of cabbage reaches up to 7 kg.
- It is widely used in cooking (the variety of cabbage is suitable for stewing, boiling, pickling, or fresh consumption).
- The plant is unpretentious to care for.
- Cabbage variety "Mirror" is quite resistant to temperature extremes, so it can be grown in almost all regions of Russia.
The variety also has certain disadvantages.:
- the plant attracts all kinds of pests, therefore, chemical treatment is necessary;
- lack of the required care immediately leads to a decrease in the amount of the crop;
- if stored improperly, there is frequent cracking of the fruit.
Step by step instructions for care and planting
To obtain a high-quality harvest of Mirror cabbage, you need to follow these instructions:
- Buying seeds... You can buy seeds in any gardening store in Russia, the cost of 2,500 thousand seeds is 1,500 rubles.
- Boarding time... Planting seedlings is best done in late April or early May. It is during this period of time that the soil will be sufficiently warmed up. About two weeks before planting, the seedlings need to be hardened. For this, the plants are taken out into the open air.
Every day, the time spent on the street seedlings should increase. It should also be noted that planting is done at a time when there are already at least 3 leaves on the cabbage.
- Choosing a landing site... Mirror cabbage is not recommended to be planted on beds where radishes, beets, tomatoes or other varieties of cruciferous crops have grown before. But those places where potatoes or carrots were previously grown are considered favorable.
- The soil... Cabbage of the described variety grows well on light loam.
- Landing... Seedlings are planted in the soil immediately after warming up. For this, holes or trenches are made in the ground. There should be a distance of 35-50 centimeters between each plant. Seedlings are placed in the soil for 2-3 centimeters.
- Temperature... The minimum temperature for cabbage growth is 15 degrees, the maximum is 25 degrees. The optimum temperature is considered to be 18-20 degrees.
- Watering... The plant requires regular watering, but water stagnation should not be allowed. The need for water increases towards the end of summer, when heads of cabbage begin to form. After planting cabbage in open ground, it is recommended to water it every two days. After each watering, the soil should be loosened.
- Top dressing... Feeding is necessary once a month. To do this, you can use liquid mullein, urea, ammonium nitrate, ash, potassium chloride.
- Other care measures... Cabbage variety "Mirror" suffers from the effects of pests and weeds, therefore, immediately after planting the plant in the soil, herbicides should be used. We must not forget about hilling cabbage.
- Harvesting... It is necessary to collect fruits as early as 48 days after planting the seedlings. As a rule, this crop is harvested in the fall, or to be more precise, at the beginning of October. Correctly cut the head so that about 3 centimeters of the stalk and 2 leaves remain.
For long-term storage of such cabbage, you need to protect it from the cold. The fact is that if the head of cabbage is frozen, it will immediately start to deteriorate. The plant can be stored in a cellar or basement at a temperature of 2-3 degrees.
You can find out about the best varieties of cabbage suitable for long-term storage here.
Diseases and pests
The Mirror variety is rarely affected by disease, but the most common problem for Mirror cabbage is downy mildew.
The main signs of the disease:
- the appearance on the sheets of spots of a yellowish tint;
- there is a white bloom on the inside of the sheet;
- due to the influence of the fungus, wilting of the leaves is observed;
- inhibition in development.
Such a fungus develops stably in an excessively humid environment, so appropriate measures must be taken. As for pests, the plant suffers only from the effects of aphids.
Prevention of various problems
In order to avoid problems with cabbage variety "Mirror", it is necessary to control watering, to prevent flooding or dehydration of the soil and carry out a timely transplant. If you follow the recommendations presented, you can be guaranteed to get a high yield of the "Mirror" cabbage variety. The cultivation of this type of cabbage can be done by both professionals and amateurs.