We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Peking cabbage has earned the reputation of a versatile vegetable among both lovers of the culinary arts and venerable chefs.
Chinese cabbage is a favorite ingredient in salads, appetizers and main dishes for those with a healthy lifestyle. It is also important that even after heat treatment, Chinese cabbage remains an excellent source of vitamins and minerals that are so necessary for the body - both a child and an adult.
The variety of recipes allows Peking Cabbage to be cooked in the most exquisite ways to fully express its flavor!
Can you fry a Chinese vegetable?
In Asian cuisine, the recipe for fried Chinese cabbage is common. In this form, the vegetable has a delicate, but at the same time rich taste.
Cooking recipes with photos
You will need the following ingredients:
- head of Chinese cabbage - 500-800 g;
- carrots - 1-2 pieces;
- refined sunflower oil - 4-5 tbsp;
- garlic - 1-2 cloves;
- apple - 1 pc. (optional);
- salt and spices to taste.
Fans of spicy flavors can add a little sesame or crushed nuts to the dish.
Reference. When preparing the ingredients, wash and peel the carrots and apples, and if you have time, soak the cabbage head in boiled water at room temperature for 30-40 minutes to get rid of nitrates that may be contained in greenhouse vegetables.
When the vegetables are processed, you can proceed directly to cooking.
- The head of Chinese cabbage must be cut lengthwise and then thinly sliced across the leaf. The width of the "straw" should be about 2-3 mm (how to cut Chinese cabbage correctly?).
- Grate carrots, apple and garlic. You can also use a vegetable cutter or kitchen shredder with a grooved or patterned surface.
- Pour sunflower oil into a frying pan, put it on low heat. Wait 1-2 minutes for the pan to heat up and add the chopped vegetables to it. You do not need to cover the dish with a lid during cooking. Otherwise, you risk getting boiled cabbage instead of fried.
As the vegetable juice evaporates, you need to add fire. Stir the food constantly while frying.
- Fry cabbage and other vegetables for 7-10 minutes. At the end of cooking, add salt, spices, sesame seeds and nuts.
This roasted Chinese cabbage recipe has a huge number of variations. When using various additives, you can endlessly play with shades of tastes, make the cabbage treat more satisfying or original.
Fried Chinese cabbage with egg is perfect as a side dish or main course. For two servings you will need:
- half a small head of cabbage (about 250-300 g);
- 2 eggs;
- one medium-sized onion;
- salt and spices to taste;
- frying oil.
- First you need to fry the finely chopped onion.
- When the onions begin to brown slightly, you can add chopped cabbage.
- Roast the vegetables together for another 5 minutes, then cover them with beaten eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- It is necessary to keep the dish on fire until the eggs thicken.
Fried Chinese cabbage will perfectly harmonize with meat. To prepare it, you will need:
- head of cabbage;
- nutmeg and black pepper;
- it is recommended to use butter for frying.
- Cut the head of cabbage across into strips 5-7 cm wide and boil the chopped leaves for 1-2 minutes in salted boiling water. We take out the cabbage with a slotted spoon.
- Fry Chinese cabbage over high heat in melted butter for no more than a minute.
- Add pepper and nutmeg.
Attention! You need to eat such a dish hot.
A hearty, protein-rich, multi-ingredient dish - fried Chinese cabbage with mushrooms - perfect for a full family dinner... For its preparation, in addition to the main ingredient, you will need:
- 300 g of champignons (you can take any other mushrooms);
- sweet peppers in arbitrary quantities;
- salt and garlic to taste;
- sesame seeds optional;
- A mixture of peppers and ginger is ideal as a seasoning for this treat.
- The cooking process begins with shredding mushrooms with thin transverse plates, onions - in half rings, carrots and sweet peppers - in strips.
- Fry vegetables in vegetable oil for 7-10 minutes.
- We send cabbage cut into small "petals" to them and fry for another 5 minutes, then add salt, garlic, ginger, spices and fill the contents of the pan with an egg.
- Next, fry with constant stirring.
- When the egg thickens, the dish is ready.
A similar recipe can be used to make fried Chinese cabbage with chicken. Fillet is best for this dish.
At the stage of processing the ingredients, it is washed and cut into thin strips. Then the chicken must be fried over high heat for 7-10 minutes.
When the meat is browned, add vegetables to it and continue cooking in the same way as fried Chinese cabbage with mushrooms.
One of the most filling and high-calorie variations of fried Chinese cabbage is the potato dish. For a medium head of Chinese cabbage, you will need:
- Three large potatoes (about 300-350 g). Wash, peel, cut into slices or strips.
- First, fry the potatoes over low to medium heat for 7-8 minutes. If desired, you can add a mixture of chopped onions and garlic to it.
- Then send chopped cabbage, salt and spices to the pan, fry the vegetables for another ten minutes.
Important! If you want the potatoes and cabbage to be softer and not too fried, you can add a couple of tablespoons of meat or vegetable broth to them during cooking.
With soy sauce
For those who like crispy crust, the recipe for fried Chinese cabbage with soy sauce will be good. To prepare this dish, you can use not the whole head of cabbage, but a few cabbage leaves. In addition to them, you will need:
- a glass of flour;
- soy sauce (for batter and for serving);
- vegetable oil for frying.
- Preheat the pan with a little oil before cooking.
- While she is on the stove, there is time to beat off or cut off the tough part of the cabbage leaf and prepare a batter with the consistency of thick sour cream:
- from flour;
- two tablespoons of soy sauce;
- Put the leaves in batter in a pan and fry on both sides until golden brown.
You can also serve the finished dish with soy sauce.
Several quick recipes
For those looking to save time, there are some express recipes for Roasted Chinese Cabbage. If you add a pinch of sugar to the main ingredients, then the preparation of the dish will be significantly accelerated.... Vegetables will cook in just a few minutes.
It takes the same amount of time to fry Chinese cabbage with tomatoes. The advantage of this recipe is that the main ingredient can be chopped into large pieces, and the tomatoes can be chopped into wide rings. The total time for frying vegetables with toasted onions and garlic will be 5-7 minutes.
For a marinade for 1 medium head of cabbage you will need:
- 50-70 ml of vegetable oil;
- 2 tsp vinegar;
- 1 tbsp salt;
- 1 tsp Sahara.
Pour the cabbage with hot marinade an hour and a half before frying. The vegetable will cook in 3-5 minutes and retain its natural crunch and freshness of taste.
Chinese cabbage is a healthy, vitamin-fortified product that goes well with all vegetables. At the same time, you can cook from it, both salads and first and second courses, snacks, pies, cabbage rolls, rolls, as well as stew and stuff.
How to serve the dish?
No matter which sauerkraut recipe you choose, a spectacular serving is the perfect finishing touch to your culinary masterpiece. Before presenting the dish to guests, you can sprinkle it with sesame seeds or crushed nuts. Also decoration can be lettuce leaves, slices of fresh cucumber or other vegetables.
Serve the soy sauce or sweet chili sauce separately in a saucepan with the cabbage. Since the dish belongs to Asian cuisine, Chinese cutlery can be used instead of traditional ones.
Fried Chinese cabbage can diversify the everyday menu and even decorate the festive table. At the same time, the dish remains a very budgetary option for treating, and its preparation does not require much time and effort. Oriental cuisine recipes plus your imagination will make culinary experiments successful, and food healthy, light and tasty.