We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The orchid has conquered the hearts of millions of people with its exotic shape and colorful buds.
All orchid lovers know how important the formation of buds is for the normal development of a plant. After all, the absence of the formation of new kidneys indicates illness or lack of the ability to reproduce.
This plant requires careful care. In this article, you will receive instructions on how to get an orchid to release a flower stalk.
What it is?
Peduncle is the shoot on which flowers are formed. Many growers use the term "peduncle" in a narrower sense and understand by it the part of the stem of the plant on which the flowers are located.
The importance of this part
Orchid buds are very important for the plant, so without them it will not be able to develop normally. Due to the unfavorable environment, the owner of the plant may not hope for a beautiful flower. In addition, the absence of a kidney indicates that the phalaenopsis is not able to produce offspring or is sick.
Problems: why do they arise and what to do?
The plant cannot release a flower shoot
One of the most common problems can arise from improper care or the peculiarity of the flower itself.
- Improper lighting. The orchid is a light-loving plant, so keeping it in dark or dimly lit places is a bad decision. If you are placing this plant in full sun, then you need to make sure that the sunlight does not burn it.
- Wrong watering regime. Do not water the flower too often. Because of this, the plant may get sick or not release a peduncle.
- Unsuitable temperature. During the day, the best temperature for an orchid will be 20-21 degrees. The difference between day and night temperatures should be 4 to 5 degrees. If the changes are too sharp, the phalaenopsis can get sick and the owner will not receive a beautiful flower.
- Improper fertilization. If the plant is not fertilized correctly, you can not only lose the peduncle, but also kill the orchid itself. Excess minerals have a detrimental effect on flower development.
- Dry air. Due to the dry air in the orchid, the peduncle may suffer. If the air humidity is below the permissible norm, the flower may not release the shoot. Also, the kidney may dry out.
He appeared, but froze
With an overabundance of light, the arrow can slow down the process of its growth or even freeze. It is also possible due to uncomfortable conditions for the plant or the influence of external factors.
Most often, following the above instructions helps to avoid this problem, however, if your flower still released shoots, but froze, you need to carefully monitor its behavior. Perhaps the problem lies precisely in the environment that is uncomfortable for proper growth.
How to care for a culture?
When there is no arrow
- It is necessary to provide diffused lighting, however, it must fully nourish the plant. You can also rearrange the phalaenopsis vase to a brighter place. Good lighting is the key to the correct development of the sprouts, which will later lead to beautiful and delicate buds.
- Water your orchid regularly. However, this should be done only after the topsoil has dried. If this method does not work, try stimulating the plant to grow by taking a break from watering. Usually the break should not exceed 10 days, after which the phalaenopsis should be watered with a shower. This method will allow the orchid to rest a little.
- Provide the flower with a stream of fresh air. It is best to place the plant vase in a well ventilated area. In this case, it is worth making sure that the orchid is not in a draft.
- Air humidification is an important part of the process, since dry air simply will not allow the flower stalk to appear.
- The orchid needs constant and regular fertilization. It is best to use top dressing from trusted manufacturers and strictly follow the instructions on the package.
When the flower let her go
- When an arrow appears in winter, autumn or spring, the flower can be safely placed on the south side of the room. The sun's rays are not yet intense enough to burn the delicate leaves.
- It is worth reducing the watering regime, but at the same time carefully watch the plant's reaction. If you notice that your flower is starting to wilt, immediately return to the previous watering regime.
- After the appearance of the bud, it will be necessary to reduce the intensity of feeding the orchid. After the bud grows and gets stronger, it is necessary to stop feeding, otherwise the plant will get oversaturated with fertilizers.
How to make you give several arrows at once at home?
To get an orchid to release several peduncles at once, you first need to look at the plant variety. If you buy a flower with one bud, then the likelihood that it will be able to release several more is extremely small. If you have purchased a variety that is capable of producing more than one sprout, then the above rules should be followed with some amendments.
- Use compound fertilizers. This type of fertilizer is more versatile, it is suitable for plants with two or more peduncles, since growing buds requires a lot of resources.
- Lowering the temperature. Some orchid varieties require lower temperatures. Most often, this procedure takes about two weeks, and the temperature should fluctuate in the range of 12-15 °. Further, it is necessary to gradually increase the temperature to 18-24 °.
How to make the released shoot grow upward?
In order for an already blossoming peduncle to grow up correctly, you need to perform a number of simple actions:
- Make a support.
- Attach any support (such as a stick or plastic tube) to the arrow. It is best to use in-store supports, which are sharp-edged sticks.
- Next, it must be fixed in the middle of the pot, while not damaging the roots of the plant.
Tie the sprout to a support as it grows. This technique will help the arrow to form correctly, and you will get a spectacular-looking flower.
- Add light. With a sufficient light source, the orchid will receive enough vigor to grow well and will reach for the light source. From this, the peduncles will also stretch upward.
- Use stimulants. Stimulants help the plant to obtain the necessary substances for active growth. When applied, the orchid is more likely to be able to release a slender arrow.
There are several types of stimulants: indoor and outdoor. It is best to use a universal fertilizer that can be used in both cases. For example, stimulants containing sodium salts of gibberellic acids, which are required by the plant.
Preventing recurrence of the problem
To avoid the recurrence of problems with peduncles, it is necessary to constantly monitor that the plant always has a comfortable growth environment and sufficient nutrition. It is recommended to use high-quality feeding and stimulants, which will give the flower to grow properly.
Orchid is a very delicate and whimsical plant, the cultivation of which requires close attention and careful care. There are several types of this plant, some of which have two or more peduncles. With proper care, the owner will receive lush buds that will delight the eyes of the owner and guests. Thanks to its charming shape and delicate flowers, millions of gardeners provide the plant with the proper care.
We suggest watching a video on how to get an orchid to release a peduncle: