We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
What to prepare for the winter? Without pickles on the table, the house does not seem as cozy as we would like. However, in addition to the blanks, you still need to clean the house, buy food, finish the report ... Everyone knows the list.
What can help out in such a situation? Pickled cabbage! It does not take long to cook, and the very next day it will be possible to crunch a fresh salad with appetite. Both adults and children love this dish, and there is a whole bunch of vitamins in it.
What it is?
Pickled cabbage is cabbage canned with a vinegar-containing fill. We'll talk about her in more detail now ...
What does it look like?
This appetizer looks amazingly beautiful even in the classic version: the cabbage straw, streaked with bright carrot strokes, appears almost translucent. The addition of beets gives it a bright pink color, and the bell pepper colors the salad with bright scarlet strokes. Not an appetizer, but a picture!
How is it different from sauerkraut?
Sauerkraut is much more famous, and it differs from pickled cabbage in that no vinegar is added to it, and it ferments in its own juice with salt and spices.
Sometimes sauerkraut is called salted, which is not entirely correct: it can be cooked without salt. True, in this case, the shelf life will be only two weeks.
Benefit and harm
Pickled cabbage is contraindicated:
- people who have kidney problems and high acidity of the stomach;
- patients with pancreatitis;
- prone to flatulence, bloating and swelling;
- patients with diabetes mellitus.
But if all this is not about you, there are pleasant bonuses ahead: high vitamin content turns pickled cabbage into an effective means of preventing vitamin deficiency... It also has a beneficial effect on the condition of the gums and teeth, improves blood circulation, and lowers blood cholesterol levels. In addition, this delicacy is low in calories!
Read more about the benefits, dangers and calories of pickled cabbage here.
How to marinate a vegetable very tasty?
Different peoples have their own recipes for pickling cabbage at home. Choose the Russian, Korean version, pickle in Georgian or Gurian - to your taste. They differ both in the way cabbage is cut and in composition: for example, Georgians, Gurians and Armenians certainly add beets.
Types of refueling
Cabbage can be poured with either hot or cold marinade... The hot marinade will help you prepare the salad in no time. But if you are in no hurry, it is better to give preference to a cold marinade: the cabbage will take longer to cook, but it will turn out to be more juicy and crunchy.
Options for pickling cabbage in hot brine can be seen in our material.
Pickled Peking and Seafood
- Seafood lovers can try pickling seaweed. Iodine-rich seaweed is a light and satisfying snack.
Just do not forget to pre-wash and boil!
- Peking cabbage, which is more tender than white cabbage, is also great for pickling. Korean pickled napa cabbage can add a zesty Asian flavor to your menu.
Before pickling, Chinese cabbage must be divided into leaves.
How to diversify the salad?
First, the spices. You can take:
- various varieties of pepper;
- Bay leaf; it is removed from the hot marinade immediately after boiling!
- coriander; it's great for pickling seaweed!
If you are bored of eating only cabbage, they will come to the rescue:
- bell pepper;
If you want your cabbage to be really crispy, the marinade can be supplemented with cherry, oak or horseradish leaves.
Read more about how to cook pickled cabbage with turmeric here, and we wrote about recipes with the addition of bell pepper and chili here.
Cooking recipes: description and photo
- medium head of cabbage;
- 3 cloves of garlic and bay leaves;
- 9-10 peas of black pepper;
- 2 tbsp. l. salt;
- 1 tbsp. Sahara;
- 1 tsp acetic acid;
- litere of water.
- Wash and dry the cabbage. Torn leaves - down with!
- Now you have to chop it. Happened?
- Grate washed and peeled carrots on a coarse grater, and then mix with cabbage.
- After sterilizing the jar, place laurel and peeled garlic on the bottom.
- Fill the jar with the vegetable mixture tightly.
- Throw salt and sugar into the water, cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- One has only to boil the marinade - pour it into a jar.
- Top up with vinegar. Then close the jar and, wrapping it up, leave it until morning.
For more ways to marinate cabbage, including with cranberries, ginger and other ingredients, see this article.
- a medium-sized head of cabbage;
- large carrot;
- 100 ml of vegetable oil;
- 2 tbsp. vinegar;
- 1 tsp salt;
- 1 tsp coriander;
- 2 tsp Sahara;
- spices 0 5 tsp each: cumin, allspice and black pepper.
- Cut the head of cabbage into squares.
- Salt, sweeten, stir and press down so that the juice comes out.
- Grate the carrots (washed and peeled).
To do this, it is best to use a Korean carrot grater, but in the absence of one, the usual one will do.
- Peel and chop the garlic and toss it over the carrot.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan. Wait until it smokes - but only a little. After removing the frying pan from the stove, throw the spices on it and heat it for 5 minutes. Or better -7.
- Now you can add them to the garlic carrots.
- Add the resulting mixture to the cabbage, pour with vinegar. Be sure to stir!
- Make oppression: turn the plate over on top, put something heavy on it. We leave the resulting structure warm for 12 hours.
You can find more nuances of cooking pickled cabbage in Korean here.
- a medium-sized head of cabbage;
- 3 carrots;
- 5 bay leaves;
- medium-sized boiled beets - 5 pieces;
- 2 heads of garlic - should be taken larger;
- 1 tbsp. Sahara;
- black pepper: 1 tbsp. ground or 15 peas;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of coarse salt;
- 1 tbsp. nine percent vinegar;
- 0.5 tbsp. vegetable oil;
- 2 liters of water.
- We cut everything! Cabbage - large, in chunks, carrots and beets, on the contrary, thinly - in strips.
- Salt the cabbage and leave for a couple of hours.
- Put vegetables in a jar in thin layers. Order: beets - garlic - lavrushka - cabbage - carrots.
- Add salt, spices and sugar into the water and simmer for about five minutes.
After reducing heat, add vinegar and oil. Two more minutes - and the saucepan can be removed and cooled!
- When the marinade is warm, pour over the vegetable mixture.
Read more about cooking pickled cabbage in Georgian style in this article.
For a Gurian snack called "mzhave kombosto", take ...
- a head of cabbage - three kilograms;
- 300 gr. garlic;
- 300 gr. carrots;
- 300 gr. beets;
- greens - as much as you want (cilantro, parsley, and also celery are useful);
- ¾ glasses of sugar;
- 2 liters of water;
- 3 tbsp. 6% vinegar;
- bay leaf - 3 pieces;
- a teaspoon of peppercorns.
- Time to cut: turn the beets and carrots into rings, chop the cabbage into pieces.
- Send everything to the jar - in layers. Between them we put greens crumpled by hands and whole garlic cloves.
- Make a marinade: water plus sugar plus salt plus spices - this is the recipe for success. Let it boil: add vinegar 5 minutes later.
- Having filled the workpiece, start to install the load. Turn the plate over on top, put something heavy on it - and leave to marinate.
- After three days, the workpiece can be taken out.
- a three-kilogram head of cabbage;
- a head of garlic;
- 1-2 beets;
- 3 liters of water;
- a bunch of dill;
- a bunch of parsley;
- 2-3 hot peppers;
- 3 tbsp. Sahara;
- 7 tbsp. salt;
- 2 tbsp. vinegar;
- 4 bay leaves;
- 5-6 peppercorns;
- Remove a couple ... or three large thick leaves from the top of the head of cabbage and set aside: they will be useful to us only at the end.
- Cut the beets into rings and the cabbage into slices, like an apple. Down with the stump - it is not needed here.
- Peel the garlic: cut each clove in half.
- Form two layers of lettuce. Put cabbage, beets, herbs, pepper on top. Sprinkle the composition with garlic, and now repeat.
- Throw pepper, laurel, sugar and salt into the water, put on fire.
- When the marinade boils, wait a minute. Now you can fill in!
- At the end, cover the salad with the leaves removed at the beginning, press down with something heavy. Now she has to spend 3-4 days in a cool room.
Remove beets and greens before serving! Enjoy your meal!
Can you whip it up?
- 2 kg of cabbage;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 1 liter of water;
- 2-3 tbsp Sahara;
- 2 tbsp. salt;
- pepper: allspice (4-5 pcs.) + peas (10 pcs.);
- cloves - 5 pcs;
- bay leaf - 3 pcs;
- 100 ml of 9% vinegar.
- Mix the cabbage (already chopped) and carrots (grated) with each other.
- Boil water, add sugar, salt and spices to a saucepan. The marinade should boil for another 5-7 minutes.
- The saucepan can now be removed from the heat, toss in the thinly chopped garlic and pour in the vinegar.
- Take out the laurel and leave the mixture to sit, stirring thoroughly from time to time.
- Finally, send the snack to the jar and to the refrigerator.
Read more options for instant pickled cabbage here, and in this article we talked about the nuances of cooking this dish.
All the ingredients here are the same as in the classic recipe. However, there is one caveat: for better preservation, add 3 aspirin tablets to the marinade.
- Chop the carrots with cabbage, mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and sugar to the water and bring to a boil.
- Let cool, then send pepper plus bay leaf there.
- Start up the aspirin, making sure it dissolves.
- Fill the previously sterilized jars with the mixture, pour in the marinade and leave for a day. Pierce the contents with a knife twice a day for three days in a row to release the gas.
- Pour in the vinegar and close the jars.
You will see more recipes for pickled cabbage for the winter in jars here, and in this article we told you how to make the cabbage in a jar guaranteed to be crispy.
- 1 kg of cabbage;
- 400 g plums;
- 250 g leeks;
- 700 ml each of white wine vinegar and water;
- 2 tbsp salt;
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds.
- Turn the processed cabbage into thin strips. Cut out the stump and remove it: it won't come in handy here.
- Divide the washed plums into halves by removing the seeds.
- Wash the leek thoroughly. It should be cut into rings.
- Mix water with vinegar, add sugar, salt and cumin, then bring to a boil.
- Put cabbage and plums plus leeks in jars, slightly crushing.
- The resulting mixture must be poured with marinade so that it reaches the very neck of the jar.
- Next, close the jars. They should be placed to cool upside down.
If no special measures are taken, the snack will be kept in the refrigerator for a week... But if you are determined to enjoy it all winter, use the following tips:
- Roll the snack into washed and sterilized jars under iron lids.
- Store it in your cellar or basement; if not, a refrigerator will do.
- Add aspirin to the cabbage: with it, your preparations are completely safe!
What can you cook from it?
Pickled cabbage is a great reason to compose cabbage soup... Or a vinaigrette. It can be served separately, squeezing out the remnants of the marinade and sprinkling with sunflower oil, and cabbage, especially the Georgian-style pickled cabbage, goes well with potato dishes. Real jam!
Read about how to cook stuffed cabbage rolls with pickled cabbage carrots and other dishes here.
There is only one conclusion - it's time to prepare cans and a basin ... And let a bright and healthy salad become a part of your daily menu!